Feeding your baby at the airport
If you need a quiet space to breastfeed your baby before boarding your flight, visit one of the nursing pods or rooms.
Nursing pods are accessible suites where you can pump or breastfeed in private. Each pod has a folding table, two benches, a mirror, dual grab bars and a power outlet with a USB port for charging electronic devices. The pods are large enough for you and your baby, plus your luggage and another family member.
To use the pod, you will need an code either from from the Mamava app or our customer care line.
How to get an access code using the app:
- Download the free Mamava Pump and Nursing Finder app.
- Open the app when you are in front of the nursing pod.
- An access code will appear automatically.
- Enter the code in the keypad on the pod door.
Find a nursing pod or room
Nursing rooms and pods are located after security.
Nursing pods Terminal 1, Domestic
- Mamava Nursing Pod at gate D22
Terminal 3, International
- Mamava Nursing Pod across from Gate C30-31
Nursing rooms Terminal 1
- Domestic: A combination family washroom and nursing room is located at gate D37
- Transborder: A combination of both family washroom and nursing room is located near gate F67; a nursing room is located near gate F87/F88
- International: A combination family washroom and nursing room is located near gate E78
- Domestic/International: A nursing room is located near the Duty-Free store and at gate B1
Taking baby items through security
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) sets the rules around what you can take with you as carry-on luggage when travelling with an infant or small child. If you are travelling with an infant younger than two years of age (0-24 months), you can bring baby food, milk, formula, water, juice and other baby items in your carry-on baggage. For the most complete and up-to-date rules, check the CATSA website.
Children's play areas
Terminal 1 offers children’s play areas, which can be found at Departure Lounge D24.
Strollers and car seats
If you are travelling with a stroller or car seat, we recommend that you check with your airline to confirm that strollers and car seats can be taken on the plane. Once you arrive at Pearson, you can keep it with you to use while in the airport
Before boarding your plane, check it at the departure gate. It will be ready for you to pick up again when you get off the plane at your destination.
Children travelling alone
If your child is travelling on their own, they may be able to get help from your airline. Many airlines will escort them from check-in here in Toronto to baggage pick-up at their destination. To find out what services are offered, contact your airline.