- To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, all passengers and airport employees must wear masks/face coverings at all times. This includes the pre- and post-security screening areas of the terminals, parking facilities, people mover train, sidewalks/curbs outside the terminals and other outdoor public areas.
- Terminal access is restricted to passengers who are travelling on the same day and airport employees on duty. Meeters and greeters or those dropping friends and loved ones off at the airport are not permitted to enter the terminals.
- When arriving at Pearson, please exit the terminal buildings immediately upon collecting your bags from the baggage carousel.
- As always, follow in-terminal signage and maintain a safe physical distance of 2 metres from others whenever possible.
There are exceptions to these policies. You will not be required to wear a face covering if:
- You are under the age of two
- You are unable to remove a face covering without assistance
- You have trouble breathing
- You are dining at food and beverage locations
If you are not travelling, you may still enter the public areas of the terminal buildings if:
- You are a friend or family member of someone who requires mobility assistance
- You are accompanying a minor who is travelling alone
- Please note that connecting passengers on layover for more than a day are exempt from the same-day travel policy
- If you’re waiting to pick up a friend or family member, we recommend our short-term parking options or our free, convenient cell phone lots, located just minutes away from the terminals.
Cleaning and sanitization
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the terminals takes place every two hours, with a focus on high-touch areas, including escalators, moving walkways, handrails, stairways, baggage carts, kiosks and bathrooms.
- Taxis and limousines are disinfected before each trip.
- Cleaning staff take a four-level approach to disinfection using Tersano, Oxivir, Ultra-Lyte and Microbial/Probiotic, as recommended by our contracted industrial hygienist
- Six autonomous floor cleaners are in use throughout the airport.
- A passenger disinfection corridor is currently being trialed, which mists passengers with a fresh-smelling, non-toxic salt water solution (sodium chloride) that will disinfect clothing, luggage and more.