Our healthy airport commitment
We commit to making passenger and employee health our top priority.
- Passengers and employees are required to wear masks
- Continuous cleaning with innovative cleaning approaches
- 4 level approach to disinfection using Tersano, Oxivir, Ultra-Lyte, and Microbial/Probiotic as recommended by our contracted industrial hygienist
- Disinfection focused on high traffic areas, including escalators, moving walkways, handrails, stairways, baggage carts and kiosks
- Terminal access is restricted to travelling passengers and employees on shift
- Floor decals, stanchions and additional signage to help with physical distancing
- Log of COVID-19 cases within the workforce
We commit to working with our partners to set strong, consistent standards for passenger and airport worker health.
- Temperature checks for all passengers travelling to Canada by July 9 and all departing passengers by late July, as coordinated by the Government of Canada
- Updates via Twitter (@torontopearson)
- Health and COVID-19 response information available at torontopearson.com
- In-terminal digital screens, signs, floor decals and public announcements
We will deploy multi-layered tools and adjust quickly to changes and current intelligence.
- New filters in HVAC system for more filtered air and increased flow
- Over 300 plexiglass barriers installed, with a total of 600 planned
- Touchless technology deployed in kiosks, elevators and bag drops
We will ensure our approach is best in class and aligned with international aviation standards.
- Using guidance outlined by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Toronto Pearson’s measures meet and, in many cases, exceed recommendations
We will explore all innovative and technologically advanced solutions for ensuring the safety of our passengers and employees.
- A strategic partnership with BlueDot, a leader in advanced data analytics and technologies to predict and monitor infectious disease risks
- 6 autonomous floor cleaners in use
- Air quality monitoring stations inside both terminals
- Virtual customer service officers
- Disinfection corridor pilot for workers